Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Weather Weather Weather

Yes, it's true. I'm obsessed with the weather. We live at about 750 ft above sea level looking down onto the valley. From our deck we face Southwest, straight to Tacoma. Looking north we see the SeaTac tower.  So when bad weather is coming our way, we see it long before the folks down below do.


On Facebook, I post a lot of weather photos & videos and often, they are just the same shot over and over. Like I said, I'm obsessed with weather. Weather determines everything when it comes to boating. It doesn't matter if you are going out on your 25' Bayliner on Lake Washington or going sailing in the Puget Sound. Nasty weather can sneak up at any time.

Here's an example of the many photos I've taken of different weather patterns coming our way:









Obviously, if you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean, you can also see what's coming your way. But if you live here in the Pacific Northwest, often our mountain ranges will block any bad weather coming your way. That's why I love the weather site www.weatherspark.com as it uses data from NOAA and gives you a lot of detail and information.

We live at the base of the Cascade foothills and often, when I am traveling towards our house, I run into all kinds of crazy weather. Imagine what it's like in the Cascades? Here's what I'm talking about:


I have lots of weather apps on my phone, including NOAA, Accuweather & Intellicast. All of these weather apps will send you a weather alert and keep you updated. Living at the base of the Cascades, we get a lot of wind and with no protection, we get a direct hit. Add rain to that formula and it's like being on a boat as the windows get pounded by wind and rain.



One thing is for sure, we live in a region that brings us all kinds of crazy weather, beautiful skies & gorgeous sunsets. If I could get paid for every weather pic I've taken, I'd be rich by now. Enjoy some of my favorites including ones I've taken on our trips.










If you love weather pics, then follow me on Twitter and Instagram, as I post them often! My twitter handle is allyr2. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home